Friday, May 18, 2007

A splendid time was had!

While Camie was having the cool breakfast, the Stuffing household was preparing for the Pistons-Bulls Game 6 tong war! Cable is lacking now-a-days in la maison du fluff, but LK in Seattle sent us her rabbit ears which got us some mighty snow reception for local Pistons coverage. LK herself called with here time-delayed ESPN coverage blow-by-blow commentaries. Linda W. (know to Camie and I as "Linder") was coming by after work, around 9:30, Mike M. stopped by with videos and snappy comebacks (we seranaded LK with our duet of the Patty Duke Theme Music), and Mike P. finished his radio show, heard our ruckus and came downstairs from the back apartment, so the house was rockin'! Fortunately, Linder showed up with a $5 pizza, and an icepack for my foot. I told her if she were also wearing an evening gown while frying bacon she'd be the perfect woman....

There's little that can match 4 screamers at the TV and a long-distance call to boot for sheer entertainment...Mike M. fiddled with the short cable for the rabbit ears, but lacking an F-to-F connector (an "Indigo Girls" connector, he calls it) we could only go so far, but we did get color.

We finally cast the Bulls back to the hell-pits whence they came, and we probably get to duke it out with Bron-Bron from Cleveland, but hey, maybe Jersey! 5 straight Eastern Conference Finals for this crew of 'stons; Mighty Damn Impressive.

6 comments:

FOUR DINNERS said...

I freely admit I haven't a fuckin' clue what yer on about. Some'at to do wi bulls? You goin into farming?

Meanwhile keep yer fingers crossed for Oldham Athletic in't 1st Division play-offs against Blackpool. We need LOTS of luck and then some. (I'm talkin' football here. The proper football not that American stuff)

Camie Vog said...

So does this mean that the House of Fun has returned?

It was a good game. I especially enjoyed watching Rasheed have his little fits.It reminded me of Little Man.

I am so hoping for the Cavaliers. I wanna see how they handle Lebron. And I also hope that the Suns flatten the Spurs. I am so sick of the Spurs...

FOUR DINNERS said...

House of fun? Cavaliers? Suns? Spurs? I need lessons in Americanese here. Oldham lost out by the way but with a £500,000 player budget for the season we well over achieved gettin' to the play offs. Proud of 'em.

Ron said...

for Herr Dinners: "House of Fun" refers to the fact that my house was a riot of people on the weekends...most of those folks have moved on, but perhaps it now returns...

Cavaliers are a basketball team from Cleveland, soon to suffer...

Suns are a-now defeated basketball team from Phoenix...

defeated by the San Antonio Spurs...

On your side: Is football that sport they natter on about in Footballers Wives, which I assume is your favorite show? Or is it that one played by all those dudes from Bangalore in their super-crisp white suits carrying those ass-paddling sticks? Is score kept by how many butt-blisters can be produced?

Camie Vog said...

Hahahahaha!

I fucking hate the Spurs!!!! I only wanted to see the Suns win, because I KNOW that the Pistons would totally crush them without even trying.

Oh, I have your CRICKET uniform on order for you... You get the extra large paddle for obvious reasons!

Has the season one of Footballer$ Wives DVD arrived at your house of fun?? Amazon emailed me, saying they shipped it to you last week...

Ron said...

Spurs Death is clearly our goal this year...We won't let Utah and Cleveland get in the way of THAT quest for vengence...

Yes, I need the extra wide Cricket (Buddy Holly -- call your attorney!) stick, 'cause Mama Vog "got a Big Ol' Butt." That latter is a quote from The Little Man, who's hired me, with monies taken from Baby Vog... He's learning quickly, as you see...

Something like 500 My Little Pony videos are headed your way...Why? I dunno, why not?