Thursday, September 14, 2006

I'll Join in the fun!

Picking up -- sort of -- on a meme started by The Blond Badger Lawprof of Madison, Ann Althouse and further enhanced by the William Powell of New England Furniture Makers, Sippican, I show off some old 45's. I have no idea if they're too scratched to play or not, but here goes!

Leading off, in a color that doesn't occur in nature, Kraftwork!


with sleeve!


45's that commemorate successful seasons of The Detroit Lions are only slightly rarer than piano rolls that praise successful Polish tank engagements in WWII, but here is Jimmy "Spiderman" Allen doing "Another One Bites The Dust!"


O Wendy, we hardly knew ye! With Lemmy, covering "Stand By Your Man."


I never doubt why I have an Ex. At the height of the worst of things, I actually bought this to play on 'our' stereo everyday, just to create banshee howls of discomfort! I may have to appear before the Geneva Convention.


Foolish Mortals at way-too-square computer companies I worked for let me make the Christmas Party mix tapes. This was one of my headliners. They were always gratified when I'd end the tape with the DK's "Too Drunk to Fuck!"

4 comments:

Camie Vog said...

Aaaaa! Kraftwerk! Lemmy still looks the same, 20+ years later. Must be pickled by all that booze. Don Johnson....just throw it away...
DK's I have a special place in my heart for the boys...

FOUR DINNERS said...

Don Johnson???? please tell me you didn't buy that!!

Ron said...

Please Mr. Dinners, read the line above the Don Johnson single! Even worse...I bought the album too, just out ornery meanness!

SippicanCottage said...

William Powell! The Thin Man! No one cooler. And Myrna Loy was a babe. Alright.

That Kraftwerk record is ten kinds of cool. Here's a kraftwerk vid my son watches ten times a week:

Tour De France