Monday, March 13, 2006

That Deep, Deep Country Dark...

It was amazingly dark last night, as the street lights went out, and there was no traffic, and only occasional lightning flashes to remind me I was still in the world. It was the kind of enveloping darkness that was so comforting, so deliciously a void, that sleep came easily and deeply. Well, as deeply as it could on a loveseat that's auditioning for the lead in Fluffy Stuffin' II: The Quickening, anyway...

It was the kind of dark that I wished I could have shared with Cammie, where we would hear each other but not see each other...almost a rhetorical coversation between two people, like the other person is just a voice in your head, and Cammie is good for giving me thoughts I don't normally think myself...


Tonight, they fixed the street lights and they cast their pinkish/orange in my living room, the girl in the back apartment has left her porch light on again, and so, sleep is just heat shimmer on the highway... I watched Bergmann's Smiles of a Summer Night, (delightful!) and now I'm here posting away...

sigh.

No comments: