Thursday, January 19, 2006

Victoria asks, so I'll have a bash!

If you check the loverly (my Dick Van Dyke British!) Sundries blog, she has a great post on this fantastic Egyptian theatre in her neck of the swamp...and in the comments she asks me to come up with other Florida related films.

let's see...

Key Largo, of course
The Cocoanuts, complete with Marxian Florida Land Speculation ("Why a Duck?")
Earl Morris has a cool doc, Vernon, Florida
2 Fast 2 Furious! for the cheese value.
A Florida Enchantment, 1914's answer to Transamerica!
Miami Blues, an odd and funky Alec Baldwin vehicle

Cammie's son, 3 1/2 year old son Noah, gets in a vote for Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, which has nothing to do directly with Florida, but is tropical in spirit I suppose. He would vote for CCBB for greatest Film Noir as well, which shows a loyalty to the script and the director which exceeds the bounds of film criticism, which is a good thing.

All I can think of offhand!

No comments: